Celebrating Easter as a family
The 1st Easter
This book, "The 1st Easter,"
contains 15 short, 1-page stories designed to help your family walk through the story of the first Easter.
Tips for using this book:
* Read through one story a day leading up to Easter
* Have older kids read the Bible texts that go along with each of the stories.
Note the different details recorded by each of the Gospel writers.
* Let younger kids color the pictures.
* Use the pictures like flashcards and have kids try and retell that portion of
the story using just the picture.
* Mix the pages up and have kids put the story in order.
* Have kids draw pictures to go along with each of the stories.
Other Easter Ideas and Resources:
1) "God's Wonderful Suprise"- -a video of the "Jesus Storybook Bible"
2) 4 Things to Teach Your Children This Easter - a helpful article with good ideas
for parents about what to discuss during the Easter season
4) Resurrection Egg Craft Project
5) "The Gospel Song" Video- -Use this video, or the song (which is on the
Awesome God CD) together with the coloring book available on the
Chldren's Church Resource Page.
6) "God Has Power" by Carine Mackenzie- -a simple board book for use with
preschoolers. Use the book to remind kids that God has power over sin
and death and power to forgive sin. Book is available in the Bible Society.
7) "Jesus is King" Gospel Coloring book
8) Read and discuss "The Prince's Poison Cup" by RC Sproul. It's available in the
Bible Society and is a great story to use to illustrate Jesus'
9) Read the chapter from "The Jesus Storybook Bible" called The Present
and focus on the connection between God providing the ram and God
providing THE LAMB..... "Many years later, another Son would climb
another hill, carrying wood on His back. Like Isaac, he woudl trust his
Father and do what his Father asked. He wouldn't struggle or run away.
Who was He? God's Son, his only Son- the Son he loved....the Lamb of
God." (pg 69). Jesus Storybook Bible is available in the Bible Society.