The Preschool division of Fort S.A.N.D.
Fort S.A.N.D. exists to partner with parents in raising up children to be committed and confident followers of Jesus Christ; through age appropriate, Bible-based and Gospel focused teaching.
Our desire is that while your children are with us here in “the Sandbox” that they will hear the Bible being read, begin to get to know who God is and what He has done and see the Gospel being lived out in the lives of the volunteers who faithfully serve in Fort S.A.N.D. and that all of this will be done in a way that allows you the freedom to concentrate on the message being taught in the service.
Getting to know the Sandbox:
- Sand- - This room is designed for babies born since June 2014 In this room, they’ll begin to hear Bible truths (such as “God
made everything”), while they’re being loved and cared for by our volunteer team. Children are moved up to Pebbles 1A based on need and space availability in December & March. Please do not move your children on your own.
- Pebbles 1A- -This room is designed for little ones born January - May 2014. In this room they’ll hear Bible truths spoken, they’ll
sing Bible truth songs and they’ll begin to see the Bible being read to them. They’ll also have time for play and snacks.
- Pebbles 1B- -This room is designed for little ones born September 2013- December 2013. In this room they’ll hear Bible truths spoken, they’ll sing Bible truth songs and they’ll begin to see the Bible being read to them.
They’ll also have time for play and snacks and the occasional simple craft.
- Pebbles 2- -These rooms are for children born between
September 2012- August 2013. In these rooms they’ll continue to hear and sing Bible truths, they’ll see the Bible being read and taught to them and they’ll begin to memorize Bible verses. They’ll also have time for
play, snacks and crafts.
- Stones-- These rooms are for children born between September 1, 2011 & August 31, 2012. In these rooms they’ll continue to hear and sing Bible truths, they’ll see the Bible being read and taught to them, they’ll memorize Bible verses, and they’ll begin to understand more of who God is and what He has done. They’ll also have time for play, snacks and crafts.
Sandbox- -Parent Info
What to Pack- -
FOR SAND- -Please bring a bag with 2 diapers/ nappies, wipes, a change of clothes, and whatever snacks they will need
FOR PEBBLES 1- -Please bring a bag with 2 diapers/ nappies, wipes, a change of clothes, and SNACKS if they have allergies
** For the safety of children with allergies, only children with allergies to wheat, milk or nuts will be allowed to eat snacks from home. All other children will be given digestive biscuits.
** All items brought from home should be labeled. Diaper bag tags are available at the sign-in desk.
FOR ALL KIDS- -Please try to avoid bringing toys from home as this can be disruptive to the class.
SIGN-IN/ PICK-UP INFO- -Each week you will need to sign your child in at the desk, find your child’s nametag & clip it to their back, and leave them with the volunteer inside the gate. If for some reason you need to come into the “sandbox” area, you will be asked to wear a visitor nametag. At the time of sign-in you will receive a security card that matches the number on your child’s back. No child will be released without the matching security card. Children can only be picked up by someone over the age of 16.
WELLNESS POLICY- -In order to maintain the health of all children in the room, we ask that you not bring your child if he or she has experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours.... Fever of 100F or 38C, nausea, vomiting, earache, sore throat, undiagnosed rash, diarrhea, drainage from eyes, headache or yellow/green nose discharge.
WHAT IF MY BABY NEEDS ME?- - Please leave your phone on and have it with you in the service. There is a signal blocker in the hall, but if we need you we will turn off the blocker and send you an sms/ text message asking you to come to the “Sandbox” area.
DEALING WITH SEPARATION ANXIETY- - This article provides tips for dealing with separation anxiety at church.