Check out these ideas & resources for celebrating Christmas with your family...
(1) Start a tradition of using a Jesse Tree to remind you of the story of redemption seen throughout the Scripture and the promises leading up to the birth of Jesus. Another good article with ideas about starting a Jesse Tree tradition can be found here.
(2) Consider using the stories in "The Jesus Story book Bible" (read one a night during the month of December) to review the story of the Bible and get your kids anticipating the arrival of the Messiah with the birth of Jesus.
(3) Attend Breakfast in Bethlehem as a family and then work through the coloring book and resources they'll receive.
Resources/ Crafts for Kids
(1) Use this site to send a Nativity card, play some matching games, or simply print out some coloring pages to remind your kids of the true meaning of Christmas.
(2) Make an advent wreath.
(3) Make your own Nativity diorama scene.
(5) Make a beaded safety pin manger.
(6) If you didn't make it to "Breakfast in Bethlehem" this year, print and color this year's coloring book.
(7) Print, read and discuss "What is Christmas All About?"- - This is a brief book that reminds us that Christmas isn't about the tree, lights, cookies or even presents...but that it's about the greatest gift of all...Jesus.
(8) Print, read and discuss "Jesus Came to Earth" - - This brief book goes along with the song by the same title from Sovereign Grace Music and is a great reminder for all of us of why Jesus came to earth.
Books/ Music/ Videos and More...
(1)" Treasuring God in Own Traditions" by Noel Piper. This books gives lots of ideas for using all of your family holidays and special events to point your family to Christ. (a free ebook download is available on this site.
(2) “Electric Christmas” episode from Adventures in Odyssey
(3) Sing along with the song... "It's About the Cross" ... We'll be singing this song a lot during the month of December in children's church.
(4) Read the book "Song of the Stars"
(5) Read the story "The Tale of Three Trees"